I’m pleased to offer professional massage services in Katoomba, Bullaburra and Mobile Massages in the Blue Mountains.
Lemon Balm Clinic, Katoomba – Tuesday 10:30am – 5:30pm at 99 Lurline St, Katoomba.
Bullaburra Massage Clinic – Wednesdays, Fridays & occasional Saturdays in Noble St, Bullaburra.
Mobile Massage – By appointment, I come to your location bringing all the equipment
There are many wonderful benefits of massage therapy including treating musculoskeletal pain, improving mood, pre and post-operative care, pregnancy, headache, arthritis, athletic performance, hypertension, elderly and more (http://www.amt.org.au/massage-and-you/benefits-of-massage.html).
What happens in a professional massage?
- First book your appointment. This is a good time to ask questions to determine if massage is a good option for you. If you are a new client, please book an Initial Remedial Massage Consultation.
- Consultation – There is a client file for you to provide your personal information, medical history and consent for the massage. Your consult involves postural analysis and a general physical and wellbeing assessment. With some discussion and identifying your goals for your massage, we will form a plan for your massage.
- Massage – There are many variations but most commonly you’ll wear underpants and be draped with towels. The body part that I am working on will be uncovered. However, massage can be performed through light clothing or towels according to preference. The techniques I use may involve using my hands, forearm or elbows to knead, hold, stretch, compress, lift or glide along your muscles. The pressure may be light or strong according to the muscle tissues and preference. I may use oil, cornstarch or none at all for different techniques. It is very important that you feel safe and comfortable to communicate with your therapist.
- Re-assess – After your massage I will ask how you feel and retest any physical movements we checked prior to the massage. You may feel an immediate change or it may take a few days to notice a difference in how you feel.
- Follow-up – After your massage, it is common for muscles to feel a little sore for a couple of days. If you have any negative reactions or questions, please contact me to discuss.
- Rebooking – If you have an acute condition, it can be beneficial to book a series of massages. I recommend starting with one massage a week over 4 weeks to see if massage will improve your condition. For general wellbeing and maintenance, a regular massage can be beneficial every 3-6 weeks or as often as you desire.
Coming soon – You can learn more about different styles of massage below.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Soul Intuitive Massage